It’s fall, and that means chili time! Stan, the Chamber Man’s Chili Challenge is nearing, and we’re calling all chili cooks! This year’s event takes place on Thursday, October 23 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Entry deadline is Tuesday, October 21.
- There really aren’t many rules, so this will be easy!
- All members are invited to stir up a pot of chili.
YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING MORE THAN ONE POT OF CHILI TO SERVE, BUT ONLY ONE POT OF CHILI PER BUSINESS WILL BE JUDGED. IT’S FREE TO ENTER!
- All entrants must PRE-COOK a pot of chili and bring it for sampling. Electricity will be provided to keep it warm. The Chili Challenge is held in the HEB Chamber parking lot at 2109 Martin Drive, Bedford.
- Enter as a team or business and advertise your business with your signs, wear your t-shirts, decorate your table, etc. An award will be given to the entry with the Most Team Spirit.
- How much chili to make? Depends on how good it is! A big pot should do! The spoons, bowls, napkins, hot dogs and buns, cheese, Fritos, soft drinks and beer will already be here!
- Awards will be given for the spiciest chili, the mildest & smoothest chili, the most unusual chili and the overall best chili.
- Overall best chili winner will be the HEB Chamber’s entry in Classic Chevrolet’s Chili Cook Off Tuesday, November 11, 2014.
- Contact the Chamber for additional information and to enter.
In conjunction with the Chili Challenge, Chad’s Shred’N Service will have a mobile shredder on site to shred your confidential papers. For every can of food you bring you will get $1.00 off a box of information to be shredded. Each box cost $15 to shred, minus the number of cans of food you bring (up to five cans per box). 6 Stones Mission Network will be on hand to accept the canned food donations.
Check out the pictures from last year’s event!