The purpose of this group is to provide a forum for professionals of different industries to gather on a regular basis in order to network and exchange leads and contacts to promote business.
- The group will consist of one person per industry. This person must devote at least 60% of their professional time to that industry.
- For situations of specialization or overlapping membership, acceptance will be decided by the member who would be affected by the overlap, in conjunction with the officers. (An example of specialization would be an attorney who specializes in Family Law and one who specializes in Criminal Law. An example of overlapping could be accepting a member who does general remodeling when the group already has an electrician and a plumber).
- Each member can represent one product or service. They must represent the category they are listed under with the HEB Chamber. In the event someone can provide more than one product or service, they need to decide what their primary business is and represent that one in the group.
- Members within a group can approve by majority vote certain requirements for membership to the group that are not in conflict with or contrary to the Organizational Guidelines. All rules and requirements must be submitted to the HEB Chamber Leads coordinator for approval.
- Members of one group may visit other groups two times in a one year period as long as they are not in conflict with a business in the group they are visiting. If the member wants to be a part of another group they must notify the officers of the group they are a member of and drop that membership before applying to the new group.
- Any one individual company cannot be represented in more than one Leads group by employees of the company.
- A Leads group member cannot represent more than one company in their group.
Each Leads group must have an application approved by the Chamber Leads coordinator for their member applicants to fill out.
- Each member must be an active member of the HEB Chamber of Commerce.
- Each leads group will hold weekly meetings. Groups formed before October 1, 2002 that are meeting on a bi-monthly basis would be exempt from this requirement.
- Meeting location to be determined by the members of the Leads Group by a majority vote.
- Meeting days and times must be approved by the Chamber coordinator to avoid conflict with other groups and Chamber events.
- Each meeting will have a featured speaker. The speaker will be allowed up to 15 minutes as determined by the group Chair to tell about their company in a broader scope. Those interested in being the featured speaker should contact the Group Chair to be put on the list.
- At each meeting:
- Thirty second individual introductions by each member/guest about what they do and what would be a good lead.
- Each member should quickly give the group feedback on prior leads and thank-you’s.
- Vice-Chair will report on numbers of leads generated the prior meeting.
- Vice-Chair will report on the number of visitors and new members to date.
Meeting agenda will be set by the Chair
- The form in which leads are exchanged should be agreed on by the group.
- To remain a part of the group you must be referring leads. Activity for each person will be monitored to make sure they are participating regularly.
- Leads are considered a qualified contact that you are personally aware of, not something out of the newspaper, etc.
Officers will be elected by nomination and majority of members to serve for six months term in the following offices:
Nominations for officers will be made by the members one meeting prior to the election.
Responsibilities of the Chair include:
- To preside over each meeting
- Prepare meeting agenda and arrange for key speaker
- Resolve conflicts and make determinations concerning any rules questions or violations
- With Vice-Chair, contact members about absenteeism, lack of referrals and be the contact for Chamber members and others interested in joining the group
- Other responsibilities include: investigating meeting places as needed, coordinating promotion of Leads Group at Chamber events and functions by members of the group, maintain contact with Chamber staff coordinator to update on numbers of members, problems, successes or needs of the group
Responsibilities of the Vice-Chair include:
- Record and maintain attendance at each meeting
- Record and maintain referral records
- Maintain current listing of all members and distribute as needed
- Maintain Leads Group binder
- Report monthly on the numbers of referrals given
- With Chair, contact members about absenteeism, lack of referrals and be the contact for Chamber members and others interested in joining the group
- Preside over meetings and prepare agenda in absence of Chair
Responsibilities of the Secretary include:
- Assist Chair and Vice-Chair with records maintenance, Group promotions, contacting members, and preside over meetings in absence of Chair and Vice-Chair
- Resolve industry conflicts at the door before meeting begins
It is critical that we invite quality guests regularly to build a solid membership. Without members, there are no good leads.
- Guests are allowed up to three visits, after which they are asked to indicated their intention to join by filling out an application; however they do not have to wait three visits to make application.
- Guests that are not Chamber members must join the Chamber after three visits if they wish to continue attending the Leads group.
- A guest can only visit a group one time if they are in conflict with a member in that group and cannot introduce their business to the group on that visit.
A waiting list will be maintained by the HEB Chamber Leads coordinator. If a spot becomes open, an officer of the group must check the waiting list kept by the Chamber coordinator for that profession before inviting anyone else to join the group. That person on the waiting list has two weeks to make application to the group before the spot can be offered to anyone else.
Regular attendance is important for the success of the individuals and the group. Members are asked to limit absences to no more than two in a row without prior notification to one of the officers in the group. After three absences your profession spot will become open. Pre-approved or extenuating circumstances will be given separate consideration. Please give this time the same consideration as a business appointment.
The Vice-Chair will take attendance at each meeting and at the end of each month will report on attendance and leads for the month. If a member is unable to continue with group for any reason, please contact an officer of the group.
There are no membership dues. Each member will provide their own meal. Each member is expected to bring business cards and other information about their company that might help in the explanation of their company. Other expenses may include charges for printing of Group promotional materials, name tags, etc., as agreed to by the members. The Chamber will promote the Leads Group program at Chamber functions and in promotional materials to encourage new membership, but the Group may promote themselves and their businesses through other materials that they produce. Brochures and other promotional materials should be reviewed by the Chamber Staff Coordinator. To maintain membership in a Leads Group, members must bring a minimum of one guest per quarter to a Leads Group meeting.
Any changes in the Organizational Guidelines can only be made by the Chamber Staff Coordinator of the Leads Group. Suggested changes should be voted on by the Leads Group and then forwarded to the Chamber by the Group President for consideration.
Meeting Agenda Suggestions
- Meeting will begin promptly at 11:30 a.m
- Attendance should be taken by Vice-President
- The President should introduce him/herself, welcome everyone, and ask everyone else to introduce themselves and give a brief commercial (approx. 1 minute) about their business
- Guests should be asked to introduce themselves and give their occupation
- Members should make reports on Leads given to them and the results
- Time should be allowed for networking and eating lunch
- Featured speaker should be allowed up to 15 minutes
- Before the end of the meeting the Vice President will report on referrals and contacts for the day, monthly results, attendance, vacancies, etc.
Leads Group Binder
The Leads Group Binder maintained by the Vice-President should contain by section:
- A current list of all members and attendance records
- A business card section for all members
- A guest sign-in sheet and business card section
- A 6-month calendar in which members can sign-up for presentations
- Referral and Leads records, member applications
The binder should be brought to all meetings and kept current to be passed on to the next Vice-President.